For Book week this year we have so many exciting activities and events planned at Tadley Community Primary School! From Year R to Year 6, everyone has the opportunity to celebrate Book Week and World Book Day (Thursday 7th March).
In school, the children will be taking part in online quizzes, competitions, games, fun lessons, dress up day and a theatre production.
Here you can find out what your child will be doing this week to raise awareness of the importance of reading.
More information on why have chosen to celebrate this important day can be found here: World Book Day - World Book Day | World Book Day is a registered charity. Our mission is to give every child and young person a book of their own.
What we have planned...
* Thursday 7th March- 9.30am-10.00am- Footy/reading quiz hosted by the Premier League and BBC
* Thursday 7th March- 11.00am- BBC Teach Live lesson- hosted by the BBC and famous authors
* Share a Story Corner- hosted by World Book Day
* Thursday 7th March (World Book Day)- Dress up to recommend a book.
The costume may be simple but give away a clue or could be a non-fiction link etc.
Help can be found here: Dressing up - World Book Day
* The Masked Reader competition- guess the teacher behind the book! (Prize for guessing them all)
* Design a new front cover of your favourite book competition! (Prize for the best in each key stage)
* Book vouchers to buy a £1 book from any participating retailer. More information on the books you can get with your voucher can be found here: 2024s-1-books (worldbookday.com)
* Friday 8th March- The Wind in the Willows theatre production in the school hall- £3 charge
We would also love to invite you into school to share a book with your child in their classroom. On selected days, just before home time at 3.00pm you are invited to come into school to sit and enjoy a book with your child.
Year R, Year 1 and Year 2- Monday at 3.00pm
Year 3 and Year 4- Tuesday at 3.00pm
Year 5 and Year 6- Wednesday at 3.00pm
We can't wait to see you there!